Monday, February 9, 2009

Due to the postponement of surgery, there has been little change in Tommy's condition today but be assured that Tommy is continuing to amaze and bless us with his incredibly positive spirit. Despite difficulty talking due to a breathing tube, (which he is very anxious to have removed) Tommy continues to communicate his desire for everyone to smile. Knowing Tommy, this will not surprise you!

One of Tommy's doctors requested high top tennis shoes for Tommy to wear in order to keep his feet in good position. In an attempt to return the joy Tommy is so readily giving out, the Shermans went out and bought bright red converse high tops which friends then signed with scripture and love notes. We feel sure this will bring a smile to his face and heart!

Prayer: 1)Praise God for Tommy's incredible attitude and strength 2)Praise God for the friends that are bringing joy and comfort 3)Praise God for His trustworthiness and goodness 4)Praise God for His hand at work in taking care of every detail on Tommy's road to healing

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. Tommy V., My older brother, Paul, called me early this morning to inform me of your recent accident and serious injuries. As Paul was telling me the story and giving me the details, I felt a big pain in my heart for you and your family. As you know, four years ago I suffered a spinal cord injury and other related injuries in a biking accident in my home town of Fort Collins, CO. After my initial surgeries and stabalization, I ended up at Craig Hospital in Denver, CO for further care and rehabilitation. A family web page was set up for me and this was my lifeline while I was in the hospital. So many family member and friends posted inspirational notes and prayers for me on this site. I even remember receiving an encouraging note from you. I feel your pain, brother and I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there and may all the positive thoughts and prayer coming your way aid in your speedy recovery. If I can do anything for you, please have your family contact me. If your doctors think that you could be helped at Craig Hospital, let me know and I will do whatever I can to help with this. There will certainly be ups and downs with the days ahead...Let your family and friends help you through this process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy and Robin; I wanted to let you know that both Paul and I are praying for your quick recovery and continued positive spirit. Though I don't know you very well I know from the times that I have visited with you that you are a strong loving person who has much to offer. I know that of Robin also and have faith that you will weather this storm stronger and more devoted. If I can be of any help at all Robin please let me know, even if it's just an ear. Colleen Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy and Robyn...it was such a treat for us to get to see you New Years Eve, after so many years. You are such a beautiful couple with such a beautiful family. Please know that you are in our daily thoughts and prayers and that we too are trusting God for your healing, and claiming His promise that All things work together for good. We are asking God for comfort and for peace for you and your family, in addition to your healing.
    Much Love ~ The Dillards...Dan,Dawn,David,& Allie

    ReplyDelete