Monday, September 21, 2009

I am thrilled to report that Tommy is home and doing very well! As many of you know, Tommy's welcome home started with a gathering of friends who lined the streets with signs and waves. We all knew Tommy was in good spirits when Robyn texted the waiting crowd to let us know their arrival home would be delayed because Tommy insisted on driving by Razorback stadium!!! (Tommy was unaware of our greeting plans) There is indeed no place like home...especially when you are from Arkansas!

After a few days home, Robyn reports today that Tommy is still excited by the reality of being in his own home! God has continued to care for the Van Zandts in amazing ways as he has provided rest, peace, wonderful caregivers, loving friends to help when called, meals, and even perfect timing as the respiratory therapist showed up at the exact time she was urgently needed...twice.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment