Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tommy is continuing to improve in regards to the pacer. He has been able to sustain breathing with the pacer for up to three hours with some assistance from the vent. However, due to the need for continued work with the pacer, Tommy's return home has been postponed until August 27th. Also, at this time, Robyn is in the process of finding home health care for Tommy when he returns home. Please pray for discretion in finding just the right people to care for Tommy. Also, please pray that God will provide the means for having home care available. It is extremely expensive! And, Robyn and Tommy are also working out the details for transporting Tommy home. Please pray for wisdom and provision. Most of all, praise God for not only sustaining Tommy and Robyn but for giving them such grace and light in the situation! -- "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." Isaiah 60:1

2 comments:

  1. Robyn,
    Praying for wisdom and discernment as you find the perfect friends for Tommy! I also wanted to let you know that I have a dear friend in Fayetteville who has been a paraplegic for over 20 years, and she has required home health care in the NWA area for all of that time. Her name is Pam Wolfenbarger, and I helped put her to bed one weekend night out of every month for the past three years up until we moved in May. She is so knowledgeable of the home healthcare system in the state of AR and especially NWA. She has actually worked with the AR state government on some of the home health laws, having Asa Hutchinson to her home to see how she lived and talk with her about needs. She loves Jesus with all of her heart and is an amazing woman of faith! I would be more than happy to hook you guys up to talk if you see the need. I think she would also just be a wonderful resource and friend as you bring Tommy home. She has been praying for you guys since February, so she would know exactly who you are. Love you guys. Please give Tommy my love, and give him a hard time for me, like I was so good at! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, we have never met and I don't even expect Tommy to remember me. I worked for Camille's corporate office when he was representing Bob & Katherine Shoulders. I can't even tell you how I ran across this blog....just jumping from one blog to another. Obviously God knew where my prayers need to go. I have just been in tears trying to catch up on what has happened. Tommy is such a nice man, and nice men are a true rarity these days. Please know that I am praying for all of you.

    In God's Grace,
    Julie (Reed) DeHan

    ReplyDelete