Thursday, July 23, 2009

More good news...Tommy is responding well to the pacer. He was able to successfully use it three times today. Once for 5 minutes, then 15 and finally 45 minutes. As the diaphragm is a muscle and has been out of use for the past months, it will take time to rebuild the muscle. Everyone is very optimistic that Tommy will eventually be able to breath with the pacer and without the vent for extended periods of time. Praise God for the success Tommy experienced today. Please pray for the strengthening of Tommy's diaphragm in the days ahead. -- "We live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

3 comments:

  1. hey tommy and robyn
    we are thrilled beyond words w/your progress - way to go tommy!!! you will be on that pacer alone for 8 to 9 hrs. in no time!! hope everything else is going well and the surgery wasn't to hard on you. OH, and by the way HAPPY 50TH!!!!!!! you are among a good group now of all of us OLD FARTS - CONGRATS!!! Hope you have a wonderful day full of joy and CAKE! talk to you soon Love, Billy and Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tommy:
    I was in LR the week of the 4th and tried to see your mother and left her a message. She was probably out of town. Please tell her I am sorry to have missed her. We traveled to Fayetteville for a night and I wished you were already back there so we could have seen you and Robyn. Congrats on your steady accomplishments. We are rooting for you.
    Love,
    Donna Getz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy and Robyn,

    I just heard about the accident. I am shocked. You guys gave me a break as I started my little mowing business years ago. Please allow me to return the favor. I would love to volunteer my crews to maintain your home in Fayetteville until Tommy is ready to start climbing trees again (which will be soon if I know Tommy). Please let me know if I can help. I am thinking about y'all.

    Warmly,

    Terry Delany
    terry@terrydelany.com
    (479) 435-0973

    ReplyDelete