Monday, May 18, 2009

Over the last several days, great changes have taken place for Tommy. First, the wound on Tommy's back has all but disappeared. Only a red spot remains. The nurse who examined him this week was truly amazed at the completeness of the healing of this wound. No doubt God has heard and chosen to answer our prayers through healing in this situation! Also, Tommy reports that he is doing much damage to the walls at Craig via his new wheelchair driving skills :) Tommy is learning to maneuver the wheelchair by a system of commands made by blowing and "sipping" into a tube on the chair. This has obviously given Tommy the ability to travel around the hospital instead of being confined to a room. Praise God for the amazing progress! Please pray for healing of the phrenic nerve which will determine Tommy's ability to breath independent of the ventilator. Also, please pray for strength and encouragement for Robyn. And, continue to pray for wisdom, rest and encouragement for the staff at Craig. -- My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! Psalm 57:7

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from your East Tennessee cousin! I am Mary K.(Haynes)Burnette, one of Nettie's grandchildren, originally from Tiptonville, Tennessee. Now I live in Knoxville with my husband and two children, Anna (9) and John (7). We have been following your progress and praying since we heard of your accident. We pray for you each morning on the way to school. We have been praying for your wound to heal quickly, for your skin to be strong and resilient and that no germs, viruses or infections would be able to enter your room. Needless to say we have been thanking God after hearing about your amazing progress. I started not to post this; I didn't want it to seem we wanted credit because we have been praying. Yet, I wanted you to have a little glimpse into the fact that people are praying for you that you are not aware of.(Mother, if you are reading this, I know that last sentence was not worded very well, but I think they will get the point.) God has been faithful to bring your needs to our minds and I am sure he has done the same for 100's of others. I do want to thank Jill and Trey for keeping us up to date. I am glad my children have "ringside seats" to see firsthand what a Mighty God we serve.
    Much Love,
    The Burnette Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God & Glory!!!!!! This is the day that the Lord has made & we will rejoice & be glad!!!!!! I bless what You've done in Tommy, Holy Spirit, I bless what You've done in Tommy, Holy Spirit, I bless what You're doing now, and I bless what You're going to do. That You're showing Yourself strong in his, behalf, because God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man, that He need repent, and I put You in rememberance of Your Word, Father, that You've restored to Tommy, all that has been taken, away from the crown of his head to the souls of his feet, that the phrenic nerve is knit back together properly and in order, because You are a God of order,& Tommy breath's on his own, and I put You in rememberance of Your Word, Father, in Jesus Name. I call all their needs, in, in Jesus Name; physically, financially, and emotionally and in every area of their lives, in this year of God's glory, the year of God's favour; that this is the year, this is the day of Jubilee, when salvation and the free favours of God's profusely abound in your lives, in Jesus Name! I release the Fullness of The Blessing,in abundance, to the full, until it overflows, in your lives, in Jesus Name. And I give You all the glory, Father, I give You, all the glory, I give You, all the glory, Father, that when two or more agree as touching any one thing, you said that you'd be in our midst, that You'd be faithful to perform that which we ask,in Jesus Name. Thank You, Father that Tommy's body is healed, that it is strong, that it is whole, that its conformed to the Word of God thats gone, forth, in the Matcless Name of Jesus! We bless You, Lord! Love, Jan DeWese

    ReplyDelete