Tuesday, April 14, 2009

At this very moment I am sitting with Robyn and Tommy at Craig hospital! I have been greatly blessed by my time with them. Tommy looks and sounds absolutely incredible! We have talked for hours about everything going on back in Arkansas. His attitude is amazing and the staff loves him. His nurse last night insisted on staying hours past her shift because she did not want to leave Tommy in the hands of someone else.

Tommy sends his love and, even though he has expressed it before, his great appreciation for your e-mails, blog comments and cards. They are truly bright spots in his day! He also promises a great big smile for anyone who smuggles in a cheeseburger! :)

To give you a little insight into Tommy's state of mind, I will share with you a report from his friend Paul James who visited over Easter..."Finally, you will find that Tommy's personality remains unchanged. As always, he is a great conversationalist and, as a result, time passes quickly. I enjoyed every minute of my time with him. The nurses love his attitude and he is constantly giving them a hard time and joking with them. We went to Easter service and he sang the hymns as well as he could. As we were rolling Tommy back to his room, I was whistling the first line to the opening hymn "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and Tommy promptly joined in whistling the second verse. This impromptu act spoke volumes of his mental attitude in dealing with his injury."

Please continue to offer praise for God's provision of friends that are visiting and praying. And, especially praise God for the healing that is taking place on Tommy's back wound. Real progress has taken place! Once this healing is complete, he will be able to be placed in a sitting position and begin physical therapy. Please pray for complete healing of this wound and that God would reestablish use of the diaphragm that will allow for progress in independent breathing. Your prayers are invaluable!

Tommy wanted to share the following Bible verse with each of you today. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing. Thanks so much to Paul James for going out and bringing home such promising news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging and uplifting message from Jill on Tommy's progress and his amazing spirit. How wonderful for him and for his family. Praise be to God and his almighty love and wonder. Cousin Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for all his blessings. Tommy and Robyn, you are in my prayers as I think of you often. You two are a blessing to those who read the blog for updates on your progress. We cannot understand God's plan or timing, but can trust that it is perfect. I know God is using your family in to give light to others. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

    Christi Brown Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy,

    I am sorry you weren't up to visitors when I was in Denver last month. Hopefully, you'll get back to Northwest Arkansas soon and I can see you when I come back up. I have been praying for your peace and healing each day. My journal verse on April 15th was 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Another thing to remember is that God really loves you deeply. 1 John 4:16 says "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."
    Don Rodgers

    ReplyDelete